Fight club made a meme out of secrecy. Now whenever something is a bit mysterious, the joke is there for easy picking: “you don’t talk about X”. So let’s make it clear: there is no rule saying you can’t talk about the animal layer. Talking about it just misses the point a bit.
Previous Animal Layer workshops have been week long affairs with very little commonality between iterations. Participants are challenged in various ways. Physical and mental resilience is developed. Strength and endurance is trained in ways you might not expect. Your thresholds for what is difficult will be different after attending one.
Now, the Animal Layer is a course. Over the course period of 9-Months, three workshops are held. Their names are fairly descriptive of the general idea:The preparation workshop 3 Days
Between workshops we will have online sessions over Zoom to share our journey and work on the material. Participants will be assigned tasks to work on. You need to be able to dedicate a minimum of three 3 hours per week to this work.
At one point, the Animal Layer went by the name “a workshop without description”. The secrecy is not a marketing gimmick: words will inevitably fail to describe the Animal Layer. Thus, this limited description, which intentionally doesn’t go into detail. The Animal Layer is felt, not told.
Come with an open mind and prepared to push yourself. You might be different afterwards.
You can educate yourself more about the Animal Layer here:
- You need to be physical able to walk longer distances (10k+) with a 10kg backpack
- Men need to be able to do 3 Chin-ups full ROM. Women need to be able to do 5 Body Rows full ROM
- Men need to be able to deadlift their own bodyweight 5x off the floor. Women need to be able to Deadlift 0.75% their bodyweight 3x off the floor.
- You cannot be vegan DURING the workshop. So if you are vegan or vegetarian you need to pause from that during the 3 in-person workshops. That‘s purely because of logistics. We speak from experience: it‘s too difficult to account for all different ways of eating, as we are providing the food in these workshops.
- For the workshops you need to have a sleeping bag and outdoor mat that suits the season.
The preparation workshop 31.03. - 02.04.2023
Animal Layer summer 10.07. - 15.07.2023
Animal Layer winter 07.12. - 10.12.2023
12 months: 240€/month
The Animal Layer Course costs an additional 900€ on top of your 12 Month Coaching. Payable in advance or in monthly instalments.
If you have questions, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange a phone call with us. We take time for you.
All seminars take place in Berlin.
Foto: Johannes Malchow